How to Make School Fees Payment and Other Payment With REMITA (Online and Inside Bank).
Dear reader, let us start by explaining what Remita is: Remita is an e-Payments and e-Collections solution on a single multi-bank platform used by all the commercial banks in Nigeria and even the public and private sectors.
How to Make Payments with REMITA? To carry out this transaction, you will need to have a RRR (Remita Retrieval Reference) code to complete your payment and I will be showing you the exact way to create and generate the RRR code
How to Generate RRR (Remita Retrieval Reference)
Irrespective of what you want to do at remita.net, you will be required to have your own unique code.
Why? This RRR code is what helps to track your transaction in case anything goes wrong. Also, because Remita is used for various types of payments and collections by Private, State and Federal institutions, RRR code helps in identifying the transaction being performed.
How to Generate your Remita retrieval reference number (RRR):
- Visit REMITA official website
- Click on the “Pay FGN and State TSA” button (If that is what you actually want to do)
- Select “Federal Government of Nigeria” (If the institution is owned by the Federal Government)
- A new tab will open on your screen where you can enter the name of the institution, e.g. “University of Lagos”
Select the purpose of your payment, e.g. “Unilag Acceptance Fee”
Enter the amount and required information as required
- Amount to Pay: Input the Amount
- Payers Name: Type in the Student Name
- Payers Phone: Type in the student Phone number
- Payers Email: Type in a valid email address
- Click proceed to automatically generate your RRR code
- RRR code will be displayed on your screen.
- Write out the RRR down before you continue.
What are the Types of Payment I can make with REMITA?
II have taken my time to list out the types of transactions that can be performed on the REMITA portal and you will also find the various ways in which you can pay your School Fees, Tuition Fees, Accommodation Fees, WAEC, GCE, Pay Bills and other e-payments using REMITA.
How to Make Payment with Remita?
Please do follow this article very well as not to miss out any vital information on how to start and complete your payment.
To pay immediately, on the same page, after entering your details and generating your RRR code,
- select your preferred payment method, enter the required details and click submit.
- After making payment at the bank, you can go back to where your wrote down or pasted your Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) Number and Click on Print Invoice
- Your RRR pin will be sent to the phone number you provided above.
Things to NOTE about How to Make Payments with REMITA:
- If your school demand for a bank teller, select the option Bank branch and Proceed to any commercial bank to make the payment or continue to pay online.
- Remita accepts payments by ATM Card (Mastercard, Visa or Verve), Internet Banking or Mobile Wallet (Paga/Pocketmoni)
- Remita also generates an e-invoice which is also sent to your email address
- To pay later, using the e-invoice, go to www.remita.net, select the icon ‘Pay a Biller’, select the option ‘Pay E-invoice’’, enter the RRR, fill in the required details and click “Submit”
- You can also use the RRR code to pay at any commercial and microfinance bank nationwide
- Remita issues an e-receipt for every successful transaction.
Below is an image to show you what the
Here the various ways on How to Make Payments with REMITA
Pay with Internet Banking
You can perform a remita payment with internet banking, all you need to do is to transfer the money directly from your account to the beneficiary via Remita powered transfer. Most Nigerian Banks banking apps now allows users to make transfer just on the go. Please note that there may be some fees attached to perform the transfer.
On that “Pay with Internet banking” column, you will see the icons of banks that supports internet banking on Remita platform. Click on any one of your choice and proceed to payment.
Pay at a Bank Branch
If you prefer and want to pay the money at any bank branch, simply print the transaction receipt or copy the RRR code you generated to your bank and pay the required amount.
Payment with Mastercard or Visa
You can also make payment using your ATM card. Simply click of the card of your choice e.g. Nigerian cards: MasterCard, Visa, Verve or International Card: MasterCard, Visa and follow the instructions to perform the transaction.
You can also pay via e-Wallet services such as PocketMONI.
You are done. After successful payment, you will be able to download the payment receipt for subsequent accreditation with your establishment of partner.
How to Make Payments with REMITA FAQ
What is Remita payment?
Has I have mentioned above, s an e-Payments and e-Collections solution on a single multi-bank platform used by all the commercial banks in Nigeria and even the public and private sectors.
What is Remita retrieval reference (RRR)?
Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) Number is a twelve-digit code that is automatically generated by the REMITA system for later use in financial transactions using the platform. RRR stands for Remita Retrieval Reference and the abbreviated is most often written.
How do I get a receipt from Remita?
How to retrieve your payment receipt/invoice Go to www.remita.net. Click on the icon labelled ‘Resend Receipt or Invoice’ Type in the Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) Click Submit. The receipt or invoice will be forwarded to the registered email address.
How do I generate RRR?
Please refer to the section above that talks about how to generate RRR code.